Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Just Dust

Psalm 103:13

New King James Version (NKJV)
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

At times we feel so inadequate for life's expectations.  I am a husband, a dad, a home-school parent, a friend, a son, an employee, the list goes on.  At various times I feel that I can not measure up and do the things I know God would have me to do and do them well. It is easy to get caught up in performance and think that God can love us less or is disappointed in us. 

The verse above should encourage you.  See you can only be disappointed in someone or something if your expectation is high or misplaced.  God knows that we are just dust and so His expectation of us is that we are needy and unable to do anything without Him. Just as a new born babe depends on it's parents so we must depend on our Father. 

John 15:5

New King James Version (NKJV)
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment