Thursday, September 5, 2013

Who is your God?

Are you filled with the fullness of Jesus Christ or are you looking to some other source for your God given needs.  Even as believers we can and will be tempted to set up idols for ourselves. Things that we turn to in hopes to find what we need.   Let me give you just a few examples:


When I am prideful, I lack acceptance. I've been given the right to be His child. John 1:12
When I am lustful, I lack intimacy. Closeness with Christ. My life is hidden in Him. John 14:23
When I am angry, I lack peace.   John 14:27

 The Gospel does not end with your ticket to heaven.  It is a continual sanctification of  your soul unto God through Jesus Christ.  Often we waste our time on our human efforts to fulfill the needs in our life when we only need to look to Jesus.  Remember that He is life.  He is our righteousness.  He is our peace.  He is our best Friend.  He will glorify Himself in us and through us.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment