Friday, April 19, 2013

Brokenness

Exodus 17: and Judges 7:19
Someone once said that when God wants to do something great he takes a great man and crushes him.  There is no greater sacrifice of the human soul to God than brokenness. 

Psalm 51:17

New King James Version (NKJV)
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise.

When we are broken before God, that is when we can truly be used. The rock that was struck by Moses could not yield the Living Water until it was broken.  Gideon's  torches could not show their light until the pitchers were broken. Saints can not be fountains of Living Water until they are broken.  Saints can show the light of Christ until they are broken. 

Brokenness is the place of absolute surrender.  It is were we say here I am Lord I can't but you can. Ask the Lord to break you and make you usable. 


Prayer: 
I know Lord that you desire brokenness, break me so that your Living Water may flow from my life.  Break me so that your light may be seen in me.  Use me Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Angus - I can think of times when I have actually felt brokenness... I want to stay in the place to be used by Him, but it is so easy to pull myself out of it. This is a good reminder to stay broken before Him... to be useable. Recently I have been able to remian in a place of surrender as I see the faces of children living in poverty.
    Be blessed today my vrother, and keep posting. We love to read your articles!
    Love you man,
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete