Friday, May 31, 2013

Where Do You Live?

John 15:5-8

New King James Version (NKJV)
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

It is easy to forget who you are in Christ.  The business and cares of this life can often get in the way of storing up treasures in heaven.  In this text Jesus is explaining to the disciples the Father's intent for the church and certainly for the individual believer.  

We abide in Christ by faith.  The vine is what supplies life to the branches. All the nutrient giving sap flows through the vine into the branch which causes the bearing of fruit.  Trust that you are in the vine.  That your life is hidden, there in Christ, by faith.  

We bear fruit.  Branches do not strain to bear fruit.  Branches allow the vine to bring forth fruit through them.  As a believer trust Jesus allow Him to work through you to bear fruit. 

His word abides in us.  In an earlier post we talked about knowing the will of God. It was through His word. In the same way we can only bear fruit if His word abides in us.  GOD HAS SPOKEN. Read the word of God let it do a work in you and be a doer of the word.  In this His word abides in you, you abide in Him and He abides in you.  


Galatians 2:20

New King James Version (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment