Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This One Thing

Psalm 42:1-2

New King James Version (NKJV)
42 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God....

There are many things we desire in this world,  a family, a good carrier, money, fame and some desires are even Godly, seeing the lost saved, people healed and Jesus exalted and glorified. There is one thing; however, that should be our one driving desire and that is for God Himself. 

Our desire for more of Him should be the driving desire of our hearts and souls.  Everything we do and strive for should be for more of Him. Not that we do things to gain His favor, but because we have His favor through Jesus Christ.  He and He alone can fulfill all that I need.  

When I am lonelyHebrews 13:5 (NKJV) Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

When I am tired: Matthew 11:28 (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

These promises go on and on.   Seek ye first the Lord and His kingdom you shall be filled.   

No comments:

Post a Comment