Friday, May 3, 2013

Why So Much Pain?

Pain, we have all experienced it.  Not one person on earth is immune. From the richest to the poorest, from the king to the peasant pain has affected us all.  Even followers of Jesus Christ are not immune to pain, in fact it has been promised to us:

John 16:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world

When the pain comes often times we ask why me or how could this happen or I thought God loved me why would He do this to me.  Rest assured God is not afraid of these questions. 

I can remember having very dark days as a follower of Christ and while it may have been a small thing to some it was a very big issue to me.  I was at a point where I thought about suicide.  I was in a very low place.  By His grace He brought me through.

Pain does several things:
1. It makes us examine our lives.  We are very busy with life some times and we do not take time to reflect on how precious it is and what a gift it is. Pain has a way to help us not take things for granted.

2. It drives us to prayer.  When we ask the questions above we begin a dialog with our Savior. When we are in pain we make time to spend with Him when, before the pain, we neglect time with Him. 

3. We learn the comfort of God.  We learn that He truly will not leave nor forsake us. 

Finally it prepares us to help others: 2 Corinthians 1:2-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Your pain has a purpose it is not in vain that you are going through or have gone through it.  Believe God is with you and that all things work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.   Saint you are favored of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment