Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Overflow

John 7:38

New King James Version (NKJV)
38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 

As a follower of Jesus I have to admit I don't always feel like my life flows with living water.  There are days when I am not compassionate or loving. Seasons when I feel my life is more of a drought then a river.  I do not believe that this is what God intends for us.  

Jesus promises that if we believe in Him then rivers of living water will flow from our hearts.  Rivers flow continually and they are a source of life to all they flow past.  Jesus intends for us believers to be the same.  That life would continually flow from us and bring life to those around us. So why do I feel there is a dam blocking this river of life? 

A natural river is not the source of it's own water. It gets its source from streams and creeks that flow into it. Run off from mountains and even man made drainage all combine to create natural rivers.  For the believer our source is Jesus Himself.  He is the very living water that fills the believer and the living water that is to flow from our hearts.  The key for the believer is to stay connected to the source.  

Spending time with Jesus (prayer and the Word) is the only way that we can flow with life.   The more time we spend with Jesus the more we become like Him; therefore wait on the Lord and you shall receive power from on high.

John 15:5

New King James Version (NKJV)
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment