Sunday, May 19, 2013

Our God Is The Awesome God

Sorry for missing the last few days. I had back surgery on Thursday and had a little complication. After surgery my lungs had filled with blood so I had to stay an extra night. Things are great now and I am glad to be back. I had a lot of time to think while laying there and I am glad for the time. 

There truly is no one like Jesus.   Paul tells us that all things were made in Him, through Him and for Him and in Him all things consist (Colossians 1:16-17).  It is very overwhelming to think about.  If you take time to look at the stars, the planets, moons.  If you have ever walked in the forest, mountains and along beaches. Have you ever watched the birth of a child or animal? All these things were created in Jesus, through Jesus and for Jesus.  The amazement does not stop there. 

The very same God that "said let there be" humbled himself:

Philippians 2:8

New King James Version (NKJV)
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

This very act made it possible for you and me to be called children of God. 

To be continued.

#Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment