Thursday, May 23, 2013

Who Am I?

Exodus 3:11-12

New King James Version (NKJV)
11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?”
12 So He said, “I will certainly be with you. And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.”

Being about our Fathers business can seem overwhelming.  I can't tell you how inadequate I feel as a witness for Christ, a husband, a dad even an employee.  The responsibility alone can be daunting.  The thought that my life impacts my wife, my children, my co-workers, other believers and the lost is very humbling.  I know that in myself, that is my flesh, no good dwells.  

While I can not relate to the scale of Moses' responsibility to lead a nation; I can relate to the question "Who am I".  Who am I that God would trust me with such responsibility?  I don't have the education. I don't make enough money. I don't speak well. I can't articulate.  God why would you call me or even use me?

As usual our thoughts are not God's thoughts.  God is not looking for the smartest, most articulate, best looking or well educated. 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 (NKJV) 26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence. 

God is looking for the willing.  Those who acknowledge their weaknesses and look to Him for wisdom, strength and power.  Those who desire His will.  HE is the I AM and He is on your side. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment