Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What Do You Have To Give?

Luke 11:5-8 (NKJV)

A Friend Comes at Midnight

And He said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’? I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

Jesus never intended for His disciples to work for Him out of their own resources.  The works that He intended for us before time began (Ephesians 2:10) are to be done in His power and His ability.  He calls His church to make disciples and edify itself in love.  He provides all that we need to complete these task.  (Romans 5:5 and 1 Corinthians 9:8)

In the scripture above we see a friend (us) coming to another friend (God the Father) asking for bread (Jesus).  If we are persistent in our asking for provision to reach the lost and to edify the church our friend (Jesus) will answer.  We can be fruitful and indeed bear much fruit when we are supplied by the Vine. John 15:5

If you feel like you have nothing to give, go to your friend (Jesus) and ask Him for the bread of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment