Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Struggle

James 1:2-8  (NKJV)

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 

For the last four months I have struggled with intense back pain which radiated to my legs and feet.  We have had to sell our house and face the potential loss of my job.  A couple of weeks ago I finally had surgery to relieve the pain in my back, legs and feet.  Early on in this trial there were times when I could hardly walk without assistance. I can remember one of these times I was trying to go from my kitchen to my bedroom.  I couldn't do it.  I asked my fifteen year old son JB to assist me down the hall to bed and take of my shoes.  It was all too overwhelming.  When I reached my room I lost it.  I cried out to God.  "Jesus, I am so afraid". I was afraid of losing my job, afraid of the pain, and humiliated that I needed my son to help me with my shoes. It was a dark time. 

Another time came after the surgery my lungs filled with blood and I kept coughing it up which caused me an extra night in the hospital. (Glad I am here to write this).  Enough about me though. 

Jesus promised us that we would have trials in this world. Difficult and narrow is the way of the believer.  But He also said that His burden is light and His yoke is easy.  Our way into, through and out of trials is Jesus. He has promised to always be with us , that He will NEVER leave nor forsake us. Comfort and joy are ours, we need only ask and seek His face then we can face the trials and count them joy. 

JESUS loves you He really does.  Don't lose hope. Keep the faith and stay strong my brethren.

No comments:

Post a Comment