Sunday, June 2, 2013

Something to Strive For

John 17:20-21

New King James Version (NKJV)

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Jesus prayed this prayer the night of His victory over sin.  He was praying for all the believers that were to come, that includes you and me.  It was a desire of His heart that you and I would be one just as He and the Father are one.  It would be proof to the world that He was sent from the Father. 

So I ask you do you strive to be one with other believers?  It was a deep desire of our Lord. Let it be yours. 

Ephesians 4:3

New King James Version (NKJV)
endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment