Monday, June 17, 2013

A Great Treasure

James 4:8

New King James Version (NKJV)
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...

As a husband and father I find that my time (really the Lord's time) seems to be spoken for even before I wake up. Working, investing in my marriage and investing in my children, spending time with other believers and reaching out to the lost does not leave much time in the day. 

I find that there is a danger here in the business of life.  Things that are important and justified even commanded of by the Word of God can distract me from what is most important and that is the Lord Himself.

Look at the church in Ephesus: 

Revelation 2:4

New King James Version (NKJV)
Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.


Good works are important and every believer should be concerned with doing the works that God has ordain for us to do; however, our eternal motive must be a love for God.  He is our great reward. Draw near to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment