Saturday, June 15, 2013

Something to Boast About

2 Corinthians 12:9

New King James Version (NKJV)
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

There are many days where I just feel I can't make it.  Where temptations threaten to overwhelm me. No matter how hard I try to resist the devil or flee from lust they bombard me on every side.  Days I don't FEEL joyful and I don't FEEL at peace or I don't FEEL like rejoicing or being kind or loving or patient. The cares of this world threaten to choke out the very Word that has been planted in my heart. 

Then God's truth steps in.  His Spirit brings to remembrance the verse above and what joy feels my heart. He reminds me that I have a High Priest who can sympathize (Hebrews 4:15). All I need to do is wait on Him and He will strengthen me. He will deliver me. He will give me peace. I can walk in the Spirit and bear fruit worthy of repentance.  He is good and His mercy endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment