Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Cross

Job 13:15  Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him...


I write this with hesitation.  While it is my desire to embrace the cross I have no confidence in the flesh that I am by any means ready to.

My very flesh trembles in the shadow of the cross.  For it is here that my flesh meets its doom.  There is no other way for a saint to draw closer to his loving savior than to take up his cross daily and follow Him. There is no short cut.  Paul says it is no longer I but Christ who lives with in me.  That is the true key to Christian living. The I in us will not be conformed to the image of the Son unless the I dies.  We must surrender ourselves unto God and allow Him to place us on the cross. ( no man crucifies himself). Though He slay you trust Him, for in our death He will bring forth life. 

In death we can bare much fruit.   

John 12:24

New King James Version (NKJV)
24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment