Friday, July 5, 2013

God Forgives

Luke 7:36-50

New King James Version (NKJV)
48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”
50 Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”


Oh that I had the heart of God.  That I could extend forgiveness and mercy.  That I would see the value of people like He does.  You truly are a great GOD!!

God's love. I had a discussion about forgiveness and how much God loves us and an illustration came to mind. My dad was killed when I was young, it hurt deeply.  The killer is in jail now for life.  In my heart I have forgiven him and I pray that he too would put his faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.  God's forgiveness and mercy goes so much farther than I could ever do.  You see His forgiveness would be like me taking my son to prison and exchanging him for the man who killed my dad and who hates me. Bring him to my home, clothe him, feed him and take care of him as if he were my son. Giving him all the privilege my son has. 

Understanding this helps me to begin to understand the depths of the love of Christ Jesus.  There is no one like our God. 


Romans 5:6-11

New King James Version (NKJV)

For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment