Thursday, August 1, 2013

You Are Not Alone

John 14:15-17

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Have you ever felt like you have been abandoned in your Christian walk or like you just can live the life that God has called you too?  Have you ever thought that God saved you but now He has left you to make it on your own?  Good news! Jesus' promises that we, who are His children, who have placed our faith in Him have been given a helper that lives with us and in us.  It is by His power that we can keep Jesus' commandments.  It is by His power that we can love others as He has loved us. It is by His power that we can be light and salt in a dark world.  

Dear Jesus, I place my trust in you.  Help me to love you with the love that You have poured out into my heart and to love others with the same love that You have loved me. There truly is none like you. Conform me to Your image that I may bear fruit and the Father be glorified.  I love you Jesus. 

Romans 5

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment